I swear I’ve titled a post “Hills and Valleys” before, but I can’t find it. And you probably don’t remember it.
Let’s get the confession out of the way first: I didn’t weigh in this weekend.
Stop yelling at me, I know it’s terrible.
Now that you’re done yelling, let’s talk about it like adults. (Gosh, you’re always so immature!) I’m going to tell you about the things I did well this week, then I’m going to tell you the things that I can do better next time. That’s how I give comments to my students when they do playing tests. We’ll see if it works.
Things I Did Well This Week:
- During the boringest of tasks that is monitoring hallways for STAAR testing, my awesome friend Jessica and I did lunges, wall sits, ab stuff, and squats. It was hilarious and awesome. And I was SO SORE the next day. And the next day.
- I walked four miles on Thursday! It was magical. My dear friend Amanda pushed me to go further than I wanted to, and it was sweaty and difficult. I felt like a badass.
- I tracked all my food from Sunday through most of Friday. I brought my lunch almost everyday, and the day that I didn’t, I got an Beach Club Unwich (no mayo) from Jimmy John’s! It was delicious and didn’t involve bread. That’s a feat of strength at Jimmy John’s.
- I did NOT eat a bunch of chocolate that a kid gave me for a gift. It involved Snickers. And I am bordering on powerless when it comes to Snickers.
Things I Did NOT Do Well This Week:
- I didn’t go to Weight Watchers. But you yelled at me about that already.
- I went out to eat twice this weekend. Both times were totally delicious and both made me feel crappy because my body wasn’t used to copious amounts of bad food.
- I only got to about 5,000 steps today because I was lazy. Incredibly lazy. You know, the Netflix kind of lazy.
So that’s out of the way. Walter and I went to the grocery store tonight, so the plan this week is to be CONSISTENTLY awesome.
Turns out old habits die hard, huh?