You know that internet spiral that is so easy to fall into? Someone posts something on Facebook, so you click on their link, which links to an article from someone else, which links to a Tumblr that’s particularly interesting, which reminds you of a video that someone sent you in an e-mail, which makes you click on a related video, which has another link in the comments section…..and before you know it you have 38 tabs open in Safari?
(Oh my gosh. It’s the internet version of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.”)
So that just happened, and there are just too many things that I found which are too amazing to be kept secret. Get ready for inspiration overload.
- “Loving Yourself Skinny” – this is where it all started. My dear friend Jill sent me this link right after I wrote this post, and it’s a really interesting video. He talks about stress eating, and how the outside can reflect what the inside is feeling. We have to love ourselves for who we are, and that will reflect on the outside. Plus, this guy has an interesting story – he lost 200 pounds by eating almost 100% raw foods. I’ve heard a lot of things about a raw-food diet – I haven’t decided how I feel about it yet. Oh, and says that the weight “literally, just, fell right off”. That’s not real life, folks. Both “literally” and “figuratively”. Liar.
- This video – “No wonder our perception of beauty is distorted.” Seriously. That’s absolutely crazy.
- A story all about how H&M puts real model head on fake bodies. That’s right, folks, H&M photoshops fake bodies for their models’ heads. Even models’ bodies aren’t good enough for swimsuits. Let alone real-people bodies.
- I have recently gotten into Tumblr (because, you know, I need more things to waste my time on the internet). It’s pretty cool, especially the ones about fitness, body image, recipes, etc. Stop Hating Your Body is a Tumblr that is about accepting yourself for exactly who you are. It’s beautiful.
- Arthlete – another fun Tumblr find! Mostly, I like the title and her drawings. That’s all.
That’s all I’ve got for you today. Internet inspiration, with some other weirdness mixed in. Oh, and the quote I posted earlier on Facebook:
Don’t look back. You’re not going that way.