I’ve lost 10 pounds! OK, 11.4 to be exact. But who’s counting?? (Oh wait, I AM.)
LIZ’S TOP TEN CHRISTMAS ALBUMS
- Ella Fitzgerald — “Ella Wishes You A Swingin’ Christmas” I love Ella, and I love Christmas. That’s all you need to know.
- Sufjan Stevens — “Songs for Christmas” This is a new addition to the collection, and I love it. Beautifully laid back and folky.
- Chicago — “Chicago’s First Christmas” Chicago really just went above and beyond for this one. It’s just….hilarious and wonderful.
- Duke Ellington — “The Nutcracker Suite” Not an album, per se, but you can find it on his “Three Suites” album. It grooves.
- 98 Degrees — “This Christmas” Shut up. You don’t have to like this. I do.
- Mannheim Steamroller — Anything Christmas related. Yep.
- Frank Sinatra — “The Christmas Collection” Old Blue Eyes does everything so beautifully well. Christmas tunes are no exception.
- Vince Guaraldi Trio — “A Charlie Brown Christmas” Duh.
- Bernstein with NY Phil & Mormon Tabernacle Choir — “The Joy of Christmas” Traditional and incredibly grand, as only the NY Phil and Mormon Tabernacle Choir can do.
- Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson — “Winter Song” I know this isn’t an album, but this is one of my favorite songs EVER. Look up the video. It is absolutely magical.
Get ready for some fancy pants photos. Nathan, of the ever brilliant and totally gorgeous Nathan Russell Photography, and his incredibly wonderful and talented wife Amy are my dear friends. They taught me pretty much everything I know about photography, and I would be lost without them. (On a related note, they will be teaching a class in the spring for beginning photographers. Let me know if you want to be a part of it!)
So, Nathan has agreed to take some photos of me, every time I lose 10 pounds. This first 11.4 pounds came off rather quickly (as those first few pounds frequently do), so we shot last night. As you can see, I’m not a model. But they did pull out the coolest light ever for this shoot. (It’s called an Octabank, for pete’s sake. This is hardcore stuff, here.)
I’m a dork. Also, I’m not sure you can really tell a difference, but I can feel it! Also also, I got new glasses from Warby Parker. Yay!
Thanks for reading! On to the next 10 pounds!